How to make simple but classic SALMON cakes with diced peppers, onion, and celery!
- 1/2 pound fresh salmon or drained canned salmon without skin or bones
- Good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup small-diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups small-diced celery 3 stalks
- 1/2 cup small-diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup small-diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers optional and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crab boil seasoning Old Bay
- 1 1/2 cup stale bread crumbs or panko
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 extra-large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons of the butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the onion, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, crab boil seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large saute pan over medium-low heat and cook until the vegetables are soft, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature
- Flake the chilled salmon into a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, and eggs. Add the vegetable mixture and mix well. If the consistency is not dry enough, your patties might fall apart. Add more bread crumbs to keep the mixture relatively dry. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Shape into 10 (2 1/2 to 3-ounce) cakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!