Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Friends, today I'm going to demonstrate how to make the most amazing Meat Loaf you have ever tasted! Trust me, I'm not lying. Its amazing! Come watch and cook with me.
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ pound Ground Chuck
- ¾ pound Ground Veal
- ¾ pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 pound good Ham like black forest diced into 1/4 “ cubes
- 1/4 pound Genoa Salami Ground up
- ¾ cup Carrots cut into ¼” dice
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Thyme leaves
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Parsley leaves
- 3 large eggs slightly beaten with a fork
- 2 tablespoons chopped Garlic about 4 large cloves
- ¾ cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 or 2 dash Hot Sauce
- 1 pound VERY Lean Bacon sliced
For the Meatloaf:
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion and cook until light golden brown, remove from the pan and let cool at room temp while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In a glass bowl, mix the ground meats, add the ham, salami, carrots, fresh herbs, eggs, garlic, fresh bread crumbs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper buttermilk, hot sauce and the cooled onion mixture, and mix well.
- Cover the entire bottom of a bread loaf pan with the bacon slices, slightly overlapping. Cover the bacon and fill the mold with the ground meat mixture. Close the mold with the bacon as per the video. Flip the loaf onto a baking sheet, remove the pan and bake in the middle of the oven for about 60 minutes.
- However be sure be sure to check the inside temperature after 60 minutes. The Chef’s preferred temperature is 145° to 150°. Which is Medium and slightly pink. If you like it more cook just leave in a bit longer.
You can also use 3 3/4 pounds of just Chuck, omitting the pork, veal, and salami with or without the Bacon. (for 10 servings)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!