Asian Black Cod
You can spend a lot of money at Nobu for their delicious cod - or you can make this simple & quick version at home, and spend the rest on wine, beer, cocktails and a mini vacation...
- Combine all ingredients except the cod in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Turn down heat and simmer until slightly thickened and a bit syrupy - about 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to broil and cover a baking sheet with foil, it's messy
- Place cod on the foil and baste well with the sauce
- Broil the cod about 6 inches away from the glowing coils until done - approximately 7 minutes for every inch of thickness, and If it starts to get crispy and a little bit black in spots, that's good
- Remove from oven, baste with extra sauce and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!