The combination of tahini and fish will be a treat to those who haven’t tried it before. Creamy, runny, nutty tahini, imported from Lebanon, Palestine or Israel is delicious with salmon and roasted vegetables.
- 12 oz. baby potatoes cut up and pealed sweet potatoes or zucchini into 1 oz. pieces
- 1 large carrot cut up
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts halved or quartered
- 2 cups grape tomatoes about 10 oz, halved
- 1 bag 8 oz washed baby spinach
- 6 oz broccoli florets trimmed and halved asparagus
- 3 tbsp fresh minced garlic about 5 to 6 cloves
- Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Granulated garlic to taste
- 2 tbsp Zaatar spice
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 lb salmon fillet Thicker filets work best
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave or honey optional
- 1 lemons sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the cut up potatoes, carrots and any tougher vegetables you are using. Mix with some olive oil and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Check the salmon for pin bones and remove if necessary with a needle nose plyers. Cut the salmon with a sharp knife into 1 1/2 - 2 inch strips (each serving is about 2 strips). Rinse carefully in cold water and place on paper towels to dry.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the spinach evenly over entire baking sheet. Add the salmon leaving space all around. Add vegetables and top with sliced cherry tomatoes and some lemon slices.
- Bake in heated oven at 400 F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon Tahini dressing on plate but not directly on the salmon. Enjoy with rice and a side of your favorite salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!