Zaatar Garlic Salmon with Roasted Vegetables and Lemon Tahini
The combination of tahini and fish will be a treat to those who haven’t tried it before. Creamy, runny, nutty tahini, imported from Lebanon, Palestine or Israel is delicious with salmon and roasted vegetables.
- 12 oz. baby potatoes cut up and pealed sweet potatoes or zucchini into 1 oz. pieces
- 1 large carrot cut up
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts halved or quartered
- 2 cups grape tomatoes about 10 oz, halved
- 1 bag 8 oz washed baby spinach
- 6 oz broccoli florets trimmed and halved asparagus
- 3 tbsp fresh minced garlic about 5 to 6 cloves
- Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Granulated garlic to taste
- 2 tbsp Zaatar spice
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 lb salmon fillet Thicker filets work best
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave or honey optional
- 1 lemons sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the cut up potatoes, carrots and any tougher vegetables you are using. Mix with some olive oil and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the spinach evenly over entire baking sheet. Add the salmon leaving space all around. Add vegetables and top with sliced cherry tomatoes and some lemon slices.
- Bake in heated oven at 400 F for 40 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, whisk the tahini with a tablespoon of lemon juice, the garlic, maple syrup or honey, a good pinch of salt and 1/3 cup of water in a small bowl, until smooth and quite runny.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
The whole family loves this recipe. There was none left over!