Low Carb Turkey Pesto Roll Up
Low Carb Turkey Pesto Roll Ups make the best low carb turkey sandwich with cucumber, deli turkey, cheddar cheese, pesto, and fresh veggies. These low carb and keto-friendly "sandwiches" with turkey, cheese, and pesto all wrapped up in cucumber slices are easy to make for a quick lunch or snack. The pesto adds tons of flavor. These could also be made like sushi with fish.
- 2 cucumber 5-6 long slices
- 4 oz deli turkey 4-6 thin slices
- 2 oz cheddar cheese 2-3 thin slices
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 red bell pepper sliced into matchsticks
- 2 cups greens baby spinach or mixed greens
- Spread a thin layer of pesto on each cucumber slice. Layer on the turkey and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Layer in the bell pepper and greens.
- Carefully roll the cucumber to create your wrap. Use a toothpick to close or place seam side down so the wrap holds together.
How to Make a Low Carb Wrap or Roll-UpMaking a low carb sandwich using vegetables to wrap up the fillings is a great way to make a quick, lightened up lunch. Here's how to make it:
- Choose your vegetable wrap: This recipe uses thin cucumber slices as the wrap for the sandwiches. Other options include iceberg or Romaine lettuce, kale, zucchini slices, yellow squash slices, or collard greens. For a larger wrap, layer a few pieces of lettuce on top of each other to create a larger wrap that stays together.
- Chose a condiment: Next, you will want to add flavor. This recipe uses pesto, ranch dressing, whole grain mustard, mango salsa, or hummus.
- Add protein: There are so many different protein options for these low carb sandwiches. For something quick and easy, use deli meat like sliced turkey breast, ham, roast beef, or pastrami. Canned tuna or salmon also works. Consider rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked proteins. Lastly, you could use homemade chicken or tuna salad.
- Reach for crunchy veggies and greens: Pick up some crunchy veggies like bell peppers, carrots, or celery to add some crispy elements. Then add some greens like baby spinach, mixed greens, or sprouts.
- Wrap it up: To finish, wrap it up all up. Carefully roll the vegetable wrap, rolling it tightly as you go. Secure with a toothpick as you go or serve with the seam side down.
Recipe Ideas and Ingredient SwapsThere are lots of different sandwiches and roll-ups you can make using this method. Here are some ideas to make this recipe your own.
- Swap in different condiments to change up the flavor. Consider using hummus, ranch dressing, cream cheese, olive tapenade, chipotle sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, or teriyaki sauce.
- Try out different vegetables for the wrap including zucchini, lettuce, kale, or cabbage.
- Use different deli meat to switch up the flavor profile including ham, chicken, roast beef, pastrami, salami, or different flavors of turkey breast.
- Consider adding different vegetables for the filling including sprouts, shredded carrots, roasted red peppers, or pickle slices.
- Turn this into a turkey club roll-up by adding crispy turkey bacon and sliced avocado. Either keep the pesto or swap in a combination of mayo and mustard.
- Make a ham and cheese with thinly sliced deli ham and pepper jack cheese.
- Go classic with a roast beef sandwich with a thin layer of horseradish spread.
- Make a twist on an Italian sandwich with ham, salami, and mortadella.
- Make a vegetarian roll up with hummus, sliced avocado, and cheese slices
Calories: 234kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 20gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 1011mgPotassium: 863mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 4757IUVitamin C: 171mgCalcium: 204mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!