Grilled Asparagus Caesar
This grilled asparagus caesar salad has incredible flavor. Charred asparagus, grilled sourdough, homemade dressing.
- 2 pounds asparagus spears
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- garlic powder for sprinkling
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high setting. Let the grates get hot for at least 10 minutes!
- Remove the woody stems from the asparagus spears. Toss them with 1.5 tablespoons of the olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus spears directly on the grill (in the opposite direction of how the grates run, so they don’t fall through the cracks!). Grill for 5 to 6 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the spears are slightly charred. I also throw the sourdough on the grates at the same time. The bread needs about 1 to 2 minutes per side, until it’s toasty with grill marks.
- Place the asparagus on a plate and drizzle all over with the caesar dressing - use as much or as little as you’d like. Top with the shaved parmesan cheese. Top with the sourdough croutons. Top with the finely grated parmesan. Serve immediately!
- To make the dressing, add the garlic, yogurt, parmesan, mustard, vinegar, anchovy paste, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until pureed. With the processor still on, stream in the olive oil until a creamy dressing forms. (This will probably make more dressing than needed, but you can store it sealed in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days and stir well before using.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!