Mexican Street Corn Salad with Chipotle Dressing
Delicious grilled Mexican street corn salad recipe is a fiesta in a bowl! A healthy salad packed with fresh vegetables and creamy chipotle yogurt dressing.
- 4 ears of corn 3 cups cooked kernels
- ½ cup red onion diced, ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup red bell pepper ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup cucumber ¼-inch dice
- 1 avocado ¼-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup queso fresco or cotija cheese
- Once the grill is nice and hot, add the corn. Close the lid and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping and covering about 12 minutes total. You want to achieve some char marks on each side.
- Set corn aside and allow it to cool enough to handle.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob on a cutting board.
- In a large bowl combine corn, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and ¼ cup of cheese.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk into dressing until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Right before serving, combine the salad with half the dressing. Drizzle the top with the remaining dressing as desired, crumble the remaining ¼ cup cheese, add some chopped cilantro and freshly ground pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!