Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
Perfect for fresh or left over hearty sauces, this low carb dish is easy to make in a variety of ways. You can even make several versions based on what you have on hand. Its easy to make and healthy too.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or jarred marinara I like Rao's
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Slice off the ends of the zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the flesh of the zucchini, then chop the flesh and set aside. Place the zucchini boats on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up the chicken, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning, garlic, zucchini flesh, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce and mix well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!