Melting Potatoes Fondant
Melting Potatoes AKA Pommes De Terre Fondantes: Thick potato slices that are crispy and brown on the outside and creamy, soft in the middle. You will want to make these delicious potatoes again and again. They are crispy and brown on the outside and creamy on the inside, plus they pick up wonderful flavors from the chicken broth.
- Place oven rack in upper-middle position of oven and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine melted butter, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Square off ends of potatoes and cut into 3/4 to 1-inch thick disks.
- Toss potato slices in butter mixture and arrange in a single layer in a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and use a spatula to flip potatoes over. Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and flip potatoes one more time. Add chicken broth and garlic. Place back in oven until potatoes are tender, about another 15 minutes.
- Baste potatoes with sauce and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!