Strapatsada Greek tomato scrambled eggs
This is a wonderful dish that is popular in many regions of Greece, especially during the Summer months when tomato season is in full swing and there's so many tomatoes in sight, one doesn't know what to do with them.
- 100 g Arugula or Basil leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices bread toasted
- 20 g feta cheese
- olive oil some
- Place a nonstick pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Dice the onion into 0.5 cm cubes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and add the onion.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the pan.
- Grate the tomatoes with the large blades and discard the skin.
- Let the vinegar evaporate and add the tomatoes, thyme, cumin and paprika.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes so the liquid from the tomatoes evaporates.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add some pepper and thyme.
- Whisk with a fork just to break up the yolks and add them to the pan.
- Mix with a wooden spoon for 1 minute, until the eggs start to cook. As soon as they start to set, remove from heat.
- Grate the feta, pepper and stir until incorporated.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Spread the Arugula or Basil leaves on a cutting board and add the cherry tomatoes over them.
- Cover with 4 slices of sandwich bread and top with the Greek scrambled eggs.
- Crumble or grate some feta cheese over them, drizzle with some olive oil, season with pepper and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!