Korean Bulgogi BBQ Chicken
Weeknight style 25 Minute Korean Bulgogi BBQ Chicken with spicy garlic butter corn. The super fast Korean chicken and rice bowl that tastes just like your favorite Korean spot in town but made at home! Quick-cooking chicken tossed in a sweet, tangy, and spicy Korean style Bulgogi BBQ sauce with spicy garlic butter corn. Serve this chicken over steamed white or brown rice with homemade yum yum sauce on the side. Every bite is saucy, sweet, spicy, and hinted with ginger and garlic, it’s delicious. Major bonus? This comes together in no time at all (under 30 minutes). Perfect for busy weeknights when you’re looking for something a little more exciting, but still quick and DELICIOUS.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons Gochujang Korean chili paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 3 green onions chopped, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 ears corn kernels, removed from cob
- 2 medium shallots sliced or chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded (if desired) and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 3 cups steamed white or brown rice
- yum yum sauce and sesame seeds for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a glass jar, combine the soy sauce, 3 tablespoons Gochujang, ketchup, ginger, 2 cloves garlic, and 1/4 cup water.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and brown all over until it becomes crispy, about 5 minutes. Pour in the Gochujang sauce mix. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the sauce coats the chicken, about 5 minutes. Stir in the green onions, then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, make the corn. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, corn, shallots, remaining 2-3 cloves garlic, the jalapeño, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until the corn is golden. Stir in the cilantro. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, divide the rice among bowls and top with chicken and corn. Serve with additional green onions, cilantro, and yum yum sauce (recipe below). Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!