Dutch Apple Baked Oatmeal Pie (Sugar Free Option)
Breakfast really doesn't get any cozier than this warmly spiced baked oatmeal. Inspired by the flavors of apple pie, this nutritious and hearty bake has the power to make any morning feel like a special occasion. Bake a batch up on Sunday as a make-ahead move for the week or serve it fresh from the oven for a crowd-pleasing brunch option. Serve in bowls with yogurt, berries and additional maple syrup, as desired.
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter unsalted
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom optional
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger optional
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 Salt omit if using salted pecans
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced 3 if using smaller apples
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and sliced for pre-baked topping
- 4 Cups Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped Planters Pecans or toasted pecans optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease an 11x7-inch baking dish with baking spray or use parchment paper
- Place oats in a large skillet over medium heat; toast, stirring often, until oats are beginning to brown and smell nutty, about 6 minutes. Add cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and cardamom; continue toasting, stirring frequently, for another 1 to 2 minutes add 1/2 cup chopped pecans if using un-untoasted ones. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and cool slightly.
- Add 3/4 cup pecans, baking powder, and salt to the oat mixture; stir to combine.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Whisk in 6 tablespoons brown sugar. Add milk, egg, and vanilla to the bowl, whisking until combined. Stir the oat mixture evenly into the milk mixture. Fold in the diced apple pieces. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan. Cover with the apple slices as desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, about 40 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh berries. Refrigerate the rest and warm in the microwave when serving left overs.
Calories: 428kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 10gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 132mgPotassium: 288mgFiber: 7gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 437IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 164mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!