Cabbage soup is about as comforting and healthy as they come! All you need to do is simmer a bunch of sliced cabbage with mirepoix vegetables, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and herbs for an easy and delicious, low calorie meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups vegetable better than bouillon or other stock
- 4 cups water as needed
- 1 packet Lipton's Onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped in 1 1/2" chunks
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 bell pepper green or red diced with ribs and seed removed
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 1 Leek sliced thinly and washed
- 28 ounce canned pealed tomatoes
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and tomatoes. Add additional water with stock to cover. Simmer as long as you like. Depending on the temperature this could be 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite garlic bread or plain to lose weight.
Add what ever you have, there is no right or wrong here.
Calories: 154kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 581mgPotassium: 651mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 7597IUVitamin C: 63mgCalcium: 129mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!