Roasted Cherry Tomato Triscuit Cups
Roasting cherry tomatoes—even when they are out of season—with woodsy thyme turns them into an umami-bomb of sweet and tart flavor
- 24 Triscuit Rosemary and Olive Oil Crackers from one 9 ounce box
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes recipe follows
- 24 tiny sprigs fresh thyme optional for serving
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 24 cherry tomatoes (from 10.5 ounce package)
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Fill a 9-by-13-inch pan halfway with warm water. Add Triscuit Crackers in 2 batches and soak, turning twice until just soft, about 2 minutes, no more than 3 minutes. Oil two 12 cup (or one 24 cup) mini muffin tins and press a softened Triscuit into each cup, pressing and molding any cracks together. Sprinkle each with cheese. Bake until firm and slightly more golden, about 25 minutes.
- Fill each cup with a roasted cherry tomato, and drizzle a little sauce over top of each one. Serve garnished with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Bake until tomatoes are wilted and caramelized, about 40-45 minutes. Let cool. Store cooled tomatoes and juices in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!