Potato and Beef Lasagna
This is a heart stopping combo dish out of “Potatoes au Gratin” and Lasagna basically using the potatoes instead of noodles. All ingredients are interchangeable like different meats, veggies, spices, cheeses. An 11 x 13 aluminum baking container or baking dish works well.
- 2 lbs Red potatoes half of in each layer
- 2 large Jalapenos both in the bottom layer
- 4 oz Sliced Mushrooms double if using in 2nd layer
- 1/2 bunch Green onions per layer
- 1 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1 large White onion diced
- 2 small Bell peppers red/yellow or green diced
- 4 oz Butter 1 stick
- 2 pints Heavy cream less if using lots of wet vegetables
- 20 cloves Garlic chopped in a food processor
- 1 finger Ginger chopped in a food processor
- 16 oz Sharp cheddar shredded
- 16 oz Mozzarella shredded
- Slice the potatoes thin. Put a layer on the bottom of the baking container the bottom slightly sprayed with avocado oil.
- Cover sliced potatoes with sliced Jalapenos and sliced mushrooms and a half bunch of chopped green onions. I split the green onions between the two layers.
- Fry a 1 lbs – 1 ½ lbs of ground beef until almost crispy and mix in a large frying pan with diced onion and bell peppers.
- Pour half of the cream/butter/garlic mix over the 1st layer and spread beef/onion/b-pepper on top of that with some shredded sharp cheddar on top of that.
- One more layer of sliced potatoes with another layer of beef mixed and or jalapenos & mushrooms, green onions and some spices.
- Top everything with cream/butter/garlic mix again, some more cheddar on top. I gave it a good dusting of paprika at the end and put it in the oven for a good 1 hour around 400 F degrees.
- When the tray in the oven was nicely bubbling, I took it out and spread two small bags of mozzarella cheese on top and let it bake another 20 minutes.
Calories: 1140kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 48gFat: 93gSaturated Fat: 54gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 328mgSodium: 849mgPotassium: 1107mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3355IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 836mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!