Creamy Steak Fettuccine
Whenever we crave steak, this dish is always what we want to make. It comes together quickly and is so full of flavor. It makes us forget chicken ever existed.
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 c. baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. balsamic glaze 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar simmered for about 10 minutes
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining. Return pasta to pot.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then slowly add milk, whisking to break up lumps, and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Add Parmesan and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook until bursting, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and toss to combine, adding more pasta water as needed. Add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Top with sliced steak and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!