Chocolate Drizzled Fruit Kabobs
Kids will love these fun fruit kabobs drizzled with just a bit of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and sprinkled with shredded coconut and chopped almonds. Easily assembled with bananas, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, these quick kabobs have it all. Rich in antioxidants, potassium, and vitamin C, this naturally sweet, healthy afternoon treat is ideal for little hands to help assemble and for the whole family to enjoy.
- 2 large bananas sliced thick
- 2 cups sliced strawberries sliced thick
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I used mini
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds finely chopped
- 12 wooden skewers
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave in increments of 20 seconds, stirring each time. Once melted, stir in coconut oil and set aside.
- Thread fruit onto skewers leaving a couple inches open at the bottom. Start by placing a blueberry followed by a banana slice, strawberry slice, blueberry, and raspberry, repeating 3 times ending with a blueberry (see pictures). Repeat with remaining skewers. You may have fruit leftover. Place skewers on lined baking sheet.
For extra protein, add a creamy peanut butter dip made with yogurt and honey. Mix and match other pieces of fruit you have on hand.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!