Whether you simply roast these in the oven with olive oil and parmesan cheese, or serve them on a bed of pureed sweet, white or Roasted Bell Pepper sauce, these are way better than ordinary cauliflower.
- 4 cauliflower "steaks" you'll need 2 heads of cauliflower
Base (choose 1):
- 1 Jar of Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 2 medium white potatoes
- 1 large sweet potatoe
- 1 large piece of pealed butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Prep the cauliflower: Start by trimming any outer leaves. You can leave the stem intact – this helps keep the cauliflower steak together. Slice directly through the middle of the cauliflower head. Carefully cut 1-1 ½ inch thick slices. You should be able to get 2 large steaks out of each head of cauliflower
- Cook potatoes or roasted red bell peppers and puree in a food processor or blender. Season to taste with some of the marinade flavors.
- Brush the marinade liberally on each side of each cauliflower steak. Place on a sheet pan, cover with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the foil and brush the top with more marinade. Return to oven uncovered for 8 minutes, then flip each steak, brush with remaining marinade and roast for additional 8-10 minutes, until fork tender and crispy on the exterior.
- Serve: Serve hot with your favorite side dishes, like vegan mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!