Browned Butter Honey Garlic Shrimp
Seared shrimp cooked in browned butter infused with honey, garlic and lemon juice. Simple ingredients, maximum flavor.
- Pour out just over half of the browned butter from the pan (liquid only), leaving 2 tablespoons of the honey butter mixture in the pan, and reserve the rest for later.
- Add half of the shrimp to the honey/butter in the pan; sear for about 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through and no longer opaque. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel and add 2 more tablespoons of the honey/butter mixture to the pan. (You may need to add 1 teaspoon of olive oil or extra butter to the pan if your sauce has thickened too much.) Sear the remaining shrimp for 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through and no longer opaque.
- Add the cooked shrimp back into the pan, and pour in the remaining honey/butter sauce; stirring through the shrimp to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper if desired and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad
Have all of your ingredients measured and ready before you start. Be careful not to let your butter burn. As soon as the foam subsides and turns a golden color, start adding your ingredients and stir them through. You can use tail on or off shrimp. Make sure your skillet is well seasoned, or use a good quality non-stick pan. Use fresh garlic. I find minced garlic that comes in a tube or jar spits a lot when adding it to hot butter. Be careful not to over cook your shrimp! Over cooked shrimp is rubbery and hard. Another no bueno in the flavour department.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!