Avocado Toast with Poached Egg
These take poached eggs to a new level. Use thick slices of sourdough bread or use whatever you have on hand or prefer. Makes a nice meal for brunch, lunch or even an easy dinner. The cooking time is for bringing the water to a simmer and poaching the eggs. If you are short of time or don't have lemon or lime juice just mash half an avocado straight onto each slice of toast, sprinkle with salt & pepper and follow rest of recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread ½ Tbsp of butter on one side of each piece of bread, pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Fill a deep skillet half way up with water.
- While the eggs poach, add the avocado in a small bowl, mash it with the back of a fork, add the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and stir it all together.
- Divide the avocado mixture between the two pieces of bread and smear it on really well.
- Take the egg out of the water, pat them dry on a paper towel, place each egg on the avocado toast, sprinkle a little salt and pepper and a tiny sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!