Thai Chicken Curry
Since there is no potato or starchy stuff, this is a good diet meal. Serve with 1/2 cup of rice and enjoy.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch square pieces
- 2-3 tbsp May Ploy yellow Thai curry
- 2 tbsp sliced fresh ginger
- 2 inch red bell peppers clean out seeds and white parts chop into 1pieces
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 large red onion coarsely chopped
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can tomato sauce without seasoning
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups dried pineapple or 1 can pineapple any kind works
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 medium chayote pealed and cut up
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- Melt Ghee in dutch oven and then add chicken (chicken should be seasoned with salt and some pepper). After chicken is browned, remove and save on a plate. Add more Ghee and saute onions and then ginger until onions are translucent. Add chicken stock asneeded.Add carrots, cook for 1 minute then add Curry. Saute for 2 minutes then add coconut and tomato sauce.Check taste and add dried pineapple to taste. Add bell peppers, chayote and chicken. Cook for 3 minutes then add peas.Simmer for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!