Smoked Trout Guacamole
What a flavor combination. "19 things going on in my mouth" according to Guy Fieri. The flavors alternate from bacon fat to smokey fish to lime then to the heat. Its an unbeatable flavor spread. Served with cumin infused corn tortilla chips, its easy to make and delicious too.
- 4 small ripe Avocados
- 2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 limes 1 for garnish, 1 for juice
- 1/4 chopped chopped white onion
- 2 chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lb. smoked trout or other smoke fish flaked and chilled
- 1/2 lb bacon uncooked weight
- 1 small Poblano chili flame roasted, pealed and diced - chilled
- 1 bowl warm cumin tortilla chips for serving (or other chips)
- Smoke the trout in a smoker outdoors or use store bought smoked fish of any kind
- Flake the fish and chill in the refrigerator
- Add the guacamole to a bowl and mix with salt, chopped garlic and juice from 1 lime. Mix well until smooth with no lumps
- Add chopped onion, jalapeno and cilantro and mix
- Chop the bacon and fry until crispy. Drain the oil and let cool
- Roast Poblano chili until black. Place in a plastic bag then let cool. Peel off most of the charded skin and prepare by cutting open and removing the seeds. Then chop into spoonfull pieces.
- Mix the cooled bacon and chopped poblano into the guacamole.
- Add the flaked fish and gently fold in until completely covered with the Guacamole
- Garnish with a quarter of a lime or 2.
- Serve with fresh cumin seasoned tortilla chips or your favorite chip, tortilla or tostada
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!