Guinness cake simple but deeply pleasurable, and has earned its place as a stand-alone treat. Originating in Ireland, it can be made into cupcakes, cake or layered cake with Raspberries and Raspberry Liquor.
Ingredients for Best Ever Guinness Chocolate Cake:
Ingredients for Guinness Miracle Moist:
- 1/3 cup Guinness
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for Creamy Guinness Frosting:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- any remaining Guinness about a teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- pinch coarse salt optional
Directions for Cake:
- Prepare a tall sided, 9″ springform or cake pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. Whisk well to ensure no lumps.
- Carefully stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in a 350(F) oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely before brushing with Miracle Moist or frosting.
Directions for Miracle Moist:
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Use a small pastry brush to saturate baked cake, especially at the edges.
Directions for the Frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese thoroughly and add Guinness and vanilla.
- Add sifted powdered sugar gradually until fully combined, smooth and creamy.
- Finish with a pinch of coarse salt if desired.
Directions for Assembly:
- Arrange cake on serving plate.
- Brush with Miracle Moist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!