Espinacas a la Catalana (Sautéed Spinach with Pine Nuts, Raisins and Apples)
As the name implies, this is a regional dish from Spain. It is a very simple classic Catalan recipe for steamed spinach. Fresh bunches of steamed spinach are briefly sautéed in olive oil, pine nuts, and raisins. It is a delicious and elegant side dish to serve with dinner.
- 2 tablespoons Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 golden delicious apple peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove Garlic minced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons seedless dark raisins
- 10 ounces baby spinach washed and whole
- Salt to taste
- Add the raisins and garlic and sauté another 20 seconds. Add the spinach and sauté briefly until the spinach starts to wilt. Remove from the heat; the spinach will continue to wilt off the flame. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!