Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, this savory, carnivore, pork-based sandwich bread is perfect for sandwiches, spreads, or can be toasted and eaten alone.
Start the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Make the batter:
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Place the egg yolks in your blender (for later use).
- With a hand mixer, beat the whites on high until the mixture is very frothy and you have soft peaks. The mixture should be light like foam.
- Melt the ghee on your stovetop.
- Note: the mixture may be a bit hard to blend due to the meat. I usually have to stop my blender, stir the mixture, and turn it back on 3-4 times.
- In a blender or food processor, crush the pork rinds to a fine powder.
- Fold the pork rind powder and sea salt into the batter.
Bake the loaf:
- Pour the batter into your bread pan and bake in the oven for 60 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Note: You'll know it's done when the texture is consistent, dry, grainy, and bread-like throughout. When you cut into the loaf, if it has slimy patches that look like chunks of egg, it's not done.
- Once done, remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Prepare and serve:
Don't skip any steps for best results
Calories: 358kcalCarbohydrates: 0.3gProtein: 26gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 236mgSodium: 711mgPotassium: 224mgSugar: 0.2gVitamin A: 250IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!