Spanish Potatoes | Patatas a la Importancia
I have made a ton of Spanish potato recipes here on Spain on a Fork, but this Patatas a la Importancia Recipe has to be the best one yet. Loaded with an incredible amount of flavor, made with the most basic ingredients and it all comes together in just 45 minutes.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sized yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cage-free organic eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- handful freshly chopped parsley
- sea salt
- black pepper
- To coat each slice of potato, start with the flour mixture and then into the egg wash, making sure to shake off any of the excess flour and egg wash
- Heat a large fry pan with a medium heat and add in 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, after 2 minutes start adding the coated potatoes, cook in batches to not over-crowd the pan, after 3 minutes flip to cook the other side, after another 3 minutes remove the potatoes from the pan and transfer to a plate with paper towels, continue to cook until all the potatoes are done
- Using the same pan with the same heat, add in 1/2 onion finely diced and 3 cloves garlic finely minced, mix with the olive oil, after 3 minutes add in 1 tbsp of corn starch and a generous 1/2 tsp of sweet smoked paprika, mix together until well combined, then add in 1/2 cup white wine and continue to mix until you form a thick sauce, then add in all the slices of potato (it´s ok if they are stacked around each other) and pour in 3 cups of vegetable broth (or just enough to cover all the potatoes), turn up the heat to a medium-high, at this point you don´t have to mix anything, but do give the pan a quick shake once in a while
- After about 25 minutes and almost all the broth has been incorporated into the potatoes and they are fully cooked through, remove from the heat, serve directly out of the pan garnished with freshly chopped parsley, enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!