Sous Vide Blackened Tri-Tip
One of the tastiest Tri Tips is the Blackened Tri-Tip. Sure you could use this recipe for the marinade and then leave in the fridge and grill. In our opinion, Sous Vide is the way to go! In a hurry? Go to Molly Stones and buy a marinated piece of Tri-Tip already sealed in a bag and Sous Vide for 24 hours @ 126F.
- 1 1/2 cups of brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 4 1/2 lbs tri-tip preferred to keep the fat cap on to score Dry brined over night uncovered
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Tamari Sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Better than Bouillon Roast Beef Flavor
- 6 cloves Garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Mix up all the ingredients and divide into 2 parts. One will be for the marinade, the other for the glaze.
- Once your meat has been cooking for 10-12hrs, you can use the juices from the bag and combine with the extra marinade and reduce to make a glaze.
Calories: 501kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 43gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 651mgPotassium: 1035mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 204IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!