Sesame Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
This modified recipe is gluten-free and loaded with protein. The flavors of Almond and Sesame make this version of chocolate chip cookies a new favorite.
- 2 ¾ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar or Sukrin
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup or sugar free Log Cabin
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar or Sukrin
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1 cup Gluten-free Semisweet Chocolate Chips or Nibs about 8-12 oz
- Sea Salt optional topping
- White and black Sesame Seeds optional topping
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, salt and baking soda to combine.
- Add the egg and mix on medium speed to combine. Scrape the bowl well, then add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined, about 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl well and mix on low speed to ensure the mixture is homogenous.
- Add the chocolate and gently mix to incorporate it.
- Chill the batter in the refrigerator for about 3 hours if you have the time in order to make it easier to work with.
- Gently press the cookies down slightly with your fingers until about 1 1/2 inches thick. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and sesame seeds, if using. Bake the cookies, switching racks and rotating the sheets halfway through, until they’re golden brown around the edges and just barely set in the center, 18 to 22 minutes. Transfer sheets to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer cookies with a spatula onto another rack to cool a bit more.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!