Palak Paneer is a favorite Indian Vegetarian Curry of all time! Compared to Saag Paneer, it has no mustard leaves. it is a creamy Spinach Curry with bouncy fresh Indian Cheese known as Paneer. A wonderful change from Tomato based curries, I'm sure you're going to love this one!
- 1 lb washed Spinach
- 2 small Tomatoes chopped
- 3 cups cubed Paneer, firm Tofu or Queso Fresco
- 4 tbsp Oil (Canola/Vegetable)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to Taste
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Add Spinach to a large pot of rapidly boiling water. Cook for 30 seconds, then drain. When slightly cooled, squeeze as much water out of the spinach as you can.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of Oil on medium-high, and fry Paneer until golden brown on all sides. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining Oil and Butter. Add Onions, and cook until soft and brown. Add spices and sauté for 15-20 seconds. Add Tomato/Spinach mixture, Water, and Salt to Taste. Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. The mixture will thicken, and the Spinach will transform from a bright green, to a greenish-brown color.
- Add Heavy Creamy, and Paneer. Cook for an additional 5 minutes to warm the Paneer through.
- Serve over Rice, with Roti/Chapathis/Naan, and enjoy! 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!