Chicken with Cherry Wine Pan Sauce
Simply seasoned chicken breasts are seared then smothered in a dreamy, wine-soaked cherry sauce made right in the same skillet. Is there anything more perfect than this dish for the holiday, between the wine and cherries which mimic your heart melting from your loved one? Pair with a side of roasted broccoli for a complete and irresistible dinner
- 4 chicken breasts about 1-1/2lbs
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter divided
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 cup red wine like Cabernet
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 oz fresh or frozen pitted sweet cherries NOT sour cherries if frozen, do not thaw
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in same skillet then add shallots and saute until tender, 2 minutes. Add wine, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and fresh cherries, if using, then simmer until sauce is reduced by nearly half, 3-4 minutes. If using frozen cherries, add now with thyme then continue to reduce sauce until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes, pressing down on cherries gently with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove skillet from heat then stir in remaining Tablespoon butter and lemon juice. Spoon over chicken breasts then serve.
Calories: 379kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 50gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 380mgPotassium: 1092mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 159IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!