Multi-Flavored Banana Based Ice Cream
Ten different flavor options of creamy vegan banana ice cream recipes that you can make at home, with just a few ingredients and a blender!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cashew butter / Peanut butter
- almond butter
- pecans yes! butter pecan ice cream without the butter or cream!
- vegan chocolate chips
- a dab of cinnamon and nutmeg think no-egg or cream eggnog
- cinnamon apple spices
- Blueberries / Blackberries / Raspberries
- Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- Left over blackend banana's work best. Cut them up into pieces and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer for at least 4 hours or better over night.
- Put cutup banana with vanilla in a food processor or Vitamix for 10-15 minutes. The texture will be similar to whipped soft serve ice cream. Towards the end, you can add fruit or other iingredients of your choice like cocoa powder. We like to use frozen fruit from Costco.
- Fold in or process additional ingredients, as like fruit. If a more firm texture is desired, re-freeze. You can also use an ice cream machine. It best not to refreeze though.
9 Plus Banana Ice Cream FlavorsChocolate Banana Ice Cream: Use 3 bananas. Add 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, pinch salt, and 3 tbsp cocoa powder. Mint Chocolate Chip: Use 2 bananas and a pinch of salt. Add 1/8 tsp pure peppermint extract (or more if desired), and stir in chocolate chips or cacao nibs after blending. Optional, blend in a pinch of spirulina or small handful spinach for color and an extra nutrient boost. Peanut Butter: Make the original recipe below, adding 2-3 tbsp peanut butter or another nut butter or allergy-friendly alternative before blending. Cookies’n Cream: Make the original recipe below, adding 2 tbsp coconut butter if desired. After blending, add in a crushed cookie sandwich or Healthy Oreos. (non Vegan) Very Berry: Make the original recipe below, adding 1 cup frozen berries of choice and 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract. Try a bag of frozen Costco berries Strawberry: Use 2 bananas. Blend in 1/2 cup frozen strawberries. Add 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract and optional shake of cinnamon. Pina Colada: Make the original recipe below, using 1/4 cup canned coconut milk as your milk of choice. Blend in 1/2 cup frozen pineapple. Stir in shredded coconut if desired. Vanilla Bean: Use 3 bananas and a pinch of salt. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste. Pistachio: Make the original recipe below, adding 2-3 tbsp pistachio butter and 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract. Sprinkle crushed pistachios on top if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!