Szechuan Dipping Sauce
This is an easy to make a sauce that is great to dip chicken wings or shrimp into. Serve it as a dip or submerge the chicken wings, fried fish or shrimp into it after they cook and are still hot. This sauce also works on other foods like meatloaf, tempura, and salads.
- 6-20 cloves minced garlic
- 5-10 tablespoons Minced Ginger to taste
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar Maruchan Brand is best
- 3/4 cup Plum Sake
- 1 cup Asian Plum Sauce
- 1 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce To Taste
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted and warmed in a skillet
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce To Taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions optional
A lot of the flavor comes from the garlic and ginger. Usually the more the better but experiment to get the flavors you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!