Using a Sous-Vide immersion cooker, you can make a delicious batch of tender Tri-Tip. Perfectly rare cooked it is a versatile steak and can be used in a variety of meals like French Dip Sandwiches or by itself on a platter with your favorite sides.
- 1 sous vide Joule, or Anova or Anova Pro
- 1 18 lb bag of tri-tip steaks Costco or Restaurant Depot
- 3 ounces Prime Rib Rub San Francisco or equivalent
- Using a modified cooler place the bag in and use heated water to cover the bag.
- Place your immersion Sous-Vide to 129 degrees F for 24 hours
- Sous-Vide for 24 hours
- Remove and drain the blood from the bag
- Place the Trip-Tips on a sheet pan covered with butcher paper
- Season all sides
- Place in a refrigerator un-covered for at least 4 hours
- Tent the cooked meat with foil.
- Let the cooked meat rest at least 20 minutes before slicing
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!