Simple Stuffed Squash
Really easy recipe for stuffed Kabocha, Acorn or Small Pumpkin squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash the squash and scrub if necessary
- Microwave the squash for 4 minutes
- Cook the meatloaf in a saucepan and drain off the fat. Let cool for 10 minutes. (if making vegan, cook or boil all raw beans used as directed)
- Mix meatloaf or Vegan mix with 1/4 bag each of spinach and vegetables
- Cut a lid off the top of the squash as shown
- scoop out seeds, rinse, salt, and place on parchment paper to roast (optional)
- Stuff squash with meat/protein mix and vegetabls
- Top with tomato catsup (optional)
- Place the cut-out lid back on the squash
- Place squash in in a cast iron pan
- Brush oil all over the squash outside
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a fork can be poked into squash easily
- Remove from oven and slice into serving sizes
- Roast seeds for 20 minutes or until dry but not brown. Note flesh attached to seeds should be dry as well.
This recipe minimizes the need to use a lot of dishes in the process. It's fast, easy, and delicious. Watch the video to make this a Vegan dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!