Scrambled Duck Eggs with Shrimp
A simple but delicate dish, shrimp and egg stir-fry is an unmistakable classic of Cantonese cuisine. A delectable dish with minimum preparation, shrimp and egg stir-fry brings out the best flavor and texture of these two common ingredients.
- 200 g shrimp, rinsed and dry peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoon neutral cooking oil or Lard or peanut oil
- 1 stalk scallions finely chopped
- Mix shrimp with salt, white pepper, oil and cornstarch until well combined.
- Pour everything into the pan/wok. Turn on the heat again to the lowest setting.
- As soon as the bottom part starts to solidify, gently scrape and push the egg with a spatula to allow the liquid part to reach the hot pan. Keep doing so until most of the egg has turned into curd-like mass but still looks a little underdone.
- Sprinkle additional chopped scallions and immediately dish out to a serving plate or over rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!