Sautéed Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Crisp zucchini, burst cherry tomatoes, and meltingly sweet red onions make a lovely summer side dish. We love this with our Salmon Milano but it works for chicken, shrimp, and chickpea proteins as well.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 pound zucchini white or green 2-3 medium, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1- pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil, cilantro or parmesan Optional
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the red onions and cook, stirring frequently, until very soft and pale purple in color, 7-8 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until the zucchini are cooked but still crisp and the tomatoes have started to collapse, creating a little sauce. Stir in the fresh basil, then taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar to finish. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with more fresh basil if desired.
Use this for fish or just vegetarian. It works either way
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!