Salmon Milano with Basil Pesto Butter
Salmon Milano with Basil Pesto Butter is an Italian preparation for baked salmon that has a luscious pesto butter topping. You can get this ready to go at Costco or make your own.
- 2 Pounds of Salmon filets boneless and skinless
- Seasoned Garlic Powder
- 3 Sprigs of Dill Weed
- Pesto Butter (butter, Pesto, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Dill)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make pesto butter by mixing or in a blender or food processor your favorite ingredients or the ones in the ingredient list - Pour into Ice-Cube trays and freeze.
- Prep fish with butter and top with pesto butter
- Bake fish on top rack for 10-20-min or
- Option: Broil for 2 - 5 min.
- Serve with rice or pasta and your favorite steamed vegetables.
Since this is a large and expensive dish to buy from Costco, we make it at home with our homemade Pesto Butter in a smaller quantity. Sometimes we add prawns or shrimp sauteed in pesto butter, oil, and red pepper flakes. Another option is to separate the slices and vacuum pack them individually for later cooking - great for just the "two of us". Slice into 1 1/2 - 2 inch slices before baking/broiling. We find you can't really over-cook this because of so much butter. We use leftovers to make avocado toast with poached eggs - something similar to: https://www.fridaysnacks.info/poached-eggs-with-parmesan-and-smoked-salmon-toasts/
Calories: 342kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 45gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 163mgPotassium: 1117mgFiber: 1gVitamin A: 149IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 29mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!