Works in a spot or a rice cooker too
- 5 cups Long grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 1 whole onion diced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas optional
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 tbs corn oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro optional for garnish
- Fry the onions with rice til brown in the oil. Add to your rice cooker or pot.Add rice
- Add 1.75 water times the amount of rice you are cooking in rice
- Cook for 20 minutes or let your rice cooker do it for you.
- When done, fluff up the rice with a fork and add frozen peas. Do not leave the rice cooker on warm as most of them do as this will leave the rice dry anc clumped up.
- Serve when ready with the rest of your meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!