Lebanese Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad
A delightfully crunchy and satisfying bean salad bursting with Mediterranean flavors, including lemon, garlic and fresh herbs. This healthy salad is vegan and gluten free, but mostly just delicious!
- 2 15 ounce can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 in Stalks Celery slicedhalf or thirds lengthwise and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 1 1/2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch Small red pepper flakes
- 1) In a serving bowl, combine the prepared kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery, cucumber, parsley and dill (or mint). 2) Make the lemon dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes until emulsified. Pour dressing over the bean and vegetable mixture and toss thoroughly. 3) Serve immediately for the most flavor, or let it marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for a couple of hours or longer. Leftovers should keep well, covered and refrigerated, for several days. If necessary, wake up leftovers with a little sprinkle of salt or drizzle of lemon juice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!