Keto Low Carb Mexican Flan
This recipe for Low Carb Mexican Flan held up in flavor to a recent tasting of Mexican flans in some of the better restaurants over a recent vacation to Santa Fe, New Mexico so I am posting it for your pleasure.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Quickly pour the caramel into the ramekins or cake pan. Be very careful to not touch or taste the caramel. It is very, very hot and will burn you!
- In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, sea salt,1/4 cup Truvia, 1 tsp of vanilla, 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice and orange zest until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Pour the cream cheese batter over the caramel.
- Bake for 1 hour and remove from oven and let the flan cool in the water bath. Once it is cool to the touch, refrigerate for a 3-4 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the flan, run a knife around the edges of the flan to loosen it up. Place a larger serving plate over the flan and then flip upside down to invert. If it doesn’t easily fall onto the plate, try loosening it up again with the knife and tapping the bottom of the cake pan while inverted onto the plate. When you lift off the ramekin the caramel syrup will run over the flan. Garnish with orange peels or orange zest.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!