Fried Rice Waffle
If you love crispy rice, then say hello to the best way to reheat leftover fried rice! While you usually cook the rice over direct flame to create the crispy scorched layer on the bottom of the pot, uses the waffle maker to easily make crispy rice with a fun presentation. It works even better when the rice is cold, so it makes reheating leftovers just as easy as using the microwave, but with the benefit of getting crispy.
- 1¾ cups vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- ½ cup coarsely shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Takumi Original
- ¼ cup frozen peas thawed
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger or ⅛ teaspoon ground
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions sliced and coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Additional Kikkoman® Teriyaki Takumi Original
- Diagonally sliced green onions
- Bring broth and rice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork.
- Serve immediately with additional Kikkoman® Teriyaki Takumi, Original and green onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!