BAKLAVA is a rich sweet delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. ... In baklava, layers of crisp phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts, and the whole thing is then soaked in a fragrant sweet syrup made with sugar, lemon, and cinnamon.
- 4 cups sugar
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 `inch stick cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 2
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Put all the syrup ingredients in a pan.
- Bring it to boil and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Let it cool before using it because we don't want our baklava to get soggy. The hot syrup will make baklava soft.
- Mix together all the dough ingredients and make a dough.
- most probably you will not need water for the dough ...but if you need you can use a little water.
- Keep kneading the dough until it stops sticking to the pan.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 150°c f(300 F) or 40 to 45 minutes.
- Pour sugar syrup on baklava
- Let baklava sit in sugar syrup for 4 to 6 hours for the best results.
- Enjoy your homemade baklava with a hot cup of tea.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!