Easy Yellow Rice
Super Easy Yellow Rice complements just about any meal! You can make this on the stove top or in the rice cooker. So tasty!
- 3 tablespoons butter or Ghee
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric or Saffron
- 1.5 cups chicken broth or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste omit if using broth
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped optional ganish
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to lightly brown. You can put the toasted rice in a rice cooker and continue below.
- Add garlic, onion powder, optional sugar, and turmeric and stir until well mixed in.
- Slowly stir in broth and raise heat to medium-high. Add salt to taste.
- Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and add optional cilantro, and fluff with
You can added bell pepper, shrimp and other ingredients to make it Louisiana style. Club notes: use 6 cups of rice and 9 cups of water or liquid for our rice cooker.
Calories: 258kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 691mgPotassium: 136mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 276IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!