Ultimate Grilled Cheese
Nothing is more comforting than a hot, melty grilled cheese sandwich. Grilled cheese and tomato soup are a combo made in heaven. It’s the perfect easy lunch recipe and great for even the pickiest of eaters. The best grilled cheese always starts with a sturdy bread, lots of cheese and a smear of … butter mayonnaise on the outside!
- 4 slices white bread or sour dough
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or American cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar optional
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley (optional)
- ½ garlic clove finely grated (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat a small skillet over low heat.
- Spread mayonnaise over one side of each piece of bread and place mayonnaise side down in the skillet.
- Top with cheddar cheese slices, black pepper and optional ingredients to taste and remaining slice of bread, mayonnaise side out.
- Optional: Just before serving, add the shredded cheddar directly to the outside of the sandwich and grill an additional minute or so until it gets crispy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!