This beautiful tri-color challah bread will truly inspire bakers! This is my favorite way to modify the traditional challah bread recipe. It's tasty, easy to make, and love.
- 300 grams flour
- 1 tsp. yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and water. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Brush the dough with oil, cover with a towel, and put the bowl in a warm place. Let the dough rise for approximately 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 3 equal pieces.
- Add chocolate to 1 strand. This will be your dark brown strand.
- Knead the tomato paste into one piece. This will be your red strand.
- Soak the spinach in water with 1 tsp. salt. Drain and puree. Add the spinach puree to the third piece of dough. This will be your green strand.
- Roll each piece of dough out to the same length strand. Braid.
- Place the braided loaf on a parchment-paper-lined baking tray, cover with a towel, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375°F / 190°C for 30 minutes. Cool, then slice and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!