Years ago, my neighbor brought some over, I never had these before, and now I can't get enough.
- For Cover:
- 1 cup all purpose flour Maida
- Water to Knead dough
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Little salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain
- For Stuffing:
- 3-4 Potatoes (boiled peeled & mashed)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas boiled
- 1-2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander finely chopped
- Few chopped Cashews
- Few Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mango powder Amchur
- How to make samosa:
- For Cover:
- Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water. Add a little water at a time. Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough. Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- For Stuffing :
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and all dry masalas (salt, chili powder, mango powder, garam masala) and green chiles, ginger and Mix well. Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well. Add coriander and keep aside.
- To Proceed :
- Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4"-5" diameter circle. Cut it into two parts like semi-circle. Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while doing so. Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry till golden brown (fry on a medium flame).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!