Picadillo (Beef) Mexico City Style
This could be where Sloppy Joes came from! It's a wonderful Mexican recipe that I've served like chili or over a roll or even over cornbread! Total comfort food
- 1.5 pound course ground halal beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 can tomatoe sauce
- 1 can roasted chipole peppers
- 1 can chile verde sauce optional
- Mixe the cans of sauce and chile in a blender. Taste
- Drain off some of the greases, Pour in the sauces. Set the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir the and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the frozen peas, stir and turn off the heat. Then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!