Pesto Chicken Gnocchi
Soft traditional Italian potato dumplings mixed with pan roasted chicken and creamy pesto sauce. A new family comfort classic that cooks up in less than 30 minutes. Its even healthier when you add spinach and tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups medium tomatoes quartered optional
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is no longer pink and begins to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the pesto sauce and continue to cook, stirring, until everything is well combined about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth and cream. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the gnocchi. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the liquid has mostly been absorbed and has thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the baby spinach, tomatoes (if using) and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Continue to cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
You can also use shrimp, pre-roasted left over roticerie chicken as well to make this dish
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!