One Hour Roasted Turkey
Compleley cook a 14 pound turkey in one hour without a pressure cooker. Skin will be brown and crispy and nothing beats this fast and will make you the hero when others ruin theirs.
- 14 lb turkey 18-20 lbs will require 1/2 hour more cooking time
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove extra fat and giblets from cavity of bird.
- Add salt and pepper to interior of bird along with thyme, onion and lemon.
- place bird in roasting pan breast side up. Do not Truss the bird.
- Rub salt pepper and another other spices over outside of bird.
- Baste bird with melted butter.
- Add orange juice on top of bird.
- Create a gasket around the rim of the roasting pan.
- Place lid on top of pan and using wire fasten lid from each handle to top. Use plyers to securely fasten as tight as you can.
- Cook bird for 1 hour.
- Use giblets, some onion, salt, pepper and celery to make stock while turkey cooks.
- Remove and let rest for 15-20 minutes until roasting pan is cool enough to touch.
- Remove Turkey and use the drippings for gravy.
Calories: 886kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 122gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 428mgSodium: 1505mgPotassium: 1338mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 652IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!