White mole is used to please the bride and groom at their wedding. The characteristic of this popular mole in Mexican cuisine is that unlike others it is white due to all its ingredients. Its flavor is unique and will surely surprise everyone who tastes it. It is a sophisticated sauce that features rich and complex flavors, mole is a traditional dish of Mexican cuisine. This traditional mole blanco de novia, which roughly translates to bridal white mole, is an elegant and succulent dish prepared with a blend of seeds and fruits, like güero chiles, white raisins, and green apples, carefully selected to create a subtle white sauce that is only served at weddings and special occasions.
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 1/2 onions cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 güero chiles cut into round slices
- 1 Habanero chile cut into round slices
- 1/2 plantains ripe, cut into round slices
- 1 green apple peeled, cut into small-sized cubes
- 1/2 cups golden raisins (or white grapes)
- 3/4 cups white pine nut
- 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds (peeled on warm water, like almonds)
- 3/4 cups almonds sliced
- 1/2 cups sesame seeds
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoons anise seeds toasted
- 1/4 teaspoons cilantro seeds toasted
- 1 cinnamon stick 1 inch, toasted
- 2 bread slices fried on lard
- 1/4 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cups white chocolate in tablets
- chicken thigh and drumstick, skin-on, roasted
- chocolate covered coconut cut into slices, for garnish
- white flower petals for garnish
- Using the same saucepan over medium-low heat, toast seeds (pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and white sesame seeds) slightly. Return browned ingredients and add chicken broth, spices (anise, cilantro, nutmeg, cinnamon stick, and pepper), and toasted bread. Season with salt. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a pot. Cook over medium-low heat. Add white chocolate tablets and incorporate. Adjust seasoning and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Place chicken thighs and drumsticks in a platter. Spoon over mole blanco. Garnish traditional mole blanco with chocolate-covered coconut slices and white flower petals.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!